An introduction to St. Thomas of Acon…
In 1970, after 20 years spent in research at the Guildhall library, London, John E.N. Walker uncovered, from deep within the records, the complete Master’s Installation Ceremony for the ancient Order of St. Thomas of Acon dating back to the year 1510.
Following the painstaking process of translating the text from medieval French and Latin into English, he felt compelled by his discovery to revive the Order, and finally St. Thomas of Acon was established in 1974.
The ancient Order – which some scholars believe dates back as far as 1190 – is an independent British Christian Masonic organisation. Membership is by invitation only and restricted to those who are subscribing members of a Preceptory (Commandery) in amity with the Great Priory of the United Religious, Military and Masonic Order of the Temple of England, Wales and Provinces overseas (commonly referred to as the Knights Templar). The basic organisation of the Order is a ‘Chapel’.
The Boadicea Chapel No.59 meets twice a year at the Tollesbury Masonic Centre on the 4th Saturday in February and 3rd Saturday in September.